Terms & Conditions of Supply
Any Orders and subsequent purchase of Goods & Services from Just Specs will be governed by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. These Ts&Cs don’t affect your statutory consumer rights.
In these terms and conditions document:
- "Just Specs" is the trading name for The Prison Opticians Company Limited (company number: 6828145), trading on the internet at www.justspecs.co.uk.
- "We" / "Us" / "Our" refers to Just Specs; "You" / "Yours" refers to the Customer.
- Registered office: 35 Earl Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1PF
- Trading office: 35 Earl Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1PF
By submitting Your order to Us you declare the that the following is true:
- You are 16 years of age or older;
- You are not registered as blind or partially sighted;
- You are in possession of a valid written prescription for your spectacles that has been provided to you by a suitably qualified person
- Your prescription is still in date - we recommend you check this with the optical practice where you had your eye test; and
- You will give us accurate details of your current prescription (including any notes on the prescription) when requested.
Limitations of Supply
- We make every reasonable effort to ensure all Orders are fulfilled; however, we cannot guarantee the availability of Goods. If the Goods you have ordered are unavailable, we will attempt to contact you to give you a choice to receive an alternative or a refund. If cannot contact you then your Order will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund.
- On the advice of our Opticians, we reserve the right as to whether or not to accept your Order.
- If we feel it is necessary, before an Order is accepted, we have absolute discretion to:
- contact you to discuss your Order and provide advice;
- request a copy of your written prescription be sent to us;
- contact directly, or request that you contact, the optometrist/OMP who provided your prescription to verify and/or discuss your prescription;
- request that you obtain your pupillary distance measurement from your optician; or
- request that you obtain a new written prescription from your optometrist.
- Prices stated on our website are inclusive of Value Added Tax where applicable.
- We make every reasonable effort to ensure that the prices and price related information on our website is up to date and accurate.
- However, we cannot guarantee that we won’t make a mistake and misprice an item accidentally. In such rare instances, we will contact you to notify you of the error before your payment is processed and you will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your Order.
Ordering Goods from Us
- Please submit your orders via our website www.justspecs.co.uk of an Order represents an offer to purchase Goods from Just Specs and we may confirm receipt of this offer via email.
- Prescription spectacle orders are only accepted by us once your payment has been processed and they have been reviewed and authorised by a competent person. In the case of the non-prescription goods, your order is accepted once the required payment has been accepted or when the relevant goods are shipped, whichever occurs first. We will confirm acceptance of your Order via email.
Delivery and Carriage
- We make every effort to ensure your spectacles are dispatched to you as quickly as possible after placing your order.
- You will be sent notification by email at the time your Goods are dispatched.
- Delivery of the Spectacles will be made to the address that you provided at the time you placed your Order.
- If your Goods do not arrive within 10 days of you receiving dispatch notification, you should contact us. Customers should inspect goods delivered to them promptly to satisfy themselves that goods delivered to them are as expected.
Returns of Goods
- Please see our returns policy for full details on dealing with returns.
Home Trials service
- At present we do not routinely offer a Home Trials Service but this may change in the future.
- We may at our absolute discretion offer a 7-day Home Trial service ('Home Trial') to allow customers to try on several different frames (without prescription lenses) before deciding which frame(s) to purchase.
- We may charge a fee ('Home Trial Fee') for this service.
- The frames remain the property of Just Specs throughout the period of the Home Trial. When returning frames, you must use the box and address label provided.
- When you place your request for a Home Trial (Home Trial Order) you agree that if you don’t return the frames sent to you in the Home Trial, within 7 calendar days following receipt by you (which for this purpose is equivalent to 8 days following dispatch to you) then you will have placed a Frame Order to buy those frames.
- If you place a Frame Order as outlined above then we may accept it and if so you will be charged the full price of the frames. The price of the frames will be the advertised price of said frames at the time you placed your Home Trial Order. In order to take payment, we will use the same payment method that you used to place your Home Trial Order and your agreement of these Terms and Conditions is your authority for us to do so.
- Once payment is successfully made then you own the frames. You have the same right of return as any other purchase of goods (see Returns Policy). You have up to 14 days from the date you placed the order to return one or more of said frames to us in order to have basic lenses fitted, free of charge, providing we have already received payment for the frame(s).
- If you place an Order (excluding a Home Trial Order) with us within 15 days of you placing a Home Trial Order then will benefit from a discount equal to the Home Trial Fee.
Copyright and Trademarks
- The name Just Specs is protected by Trademark. The Site's design, names, images, graphics, and logo are all owned by, or licensed to, Just Specs. They may not be reproduced for any purpose without prior permission from Just Specs.
- The "Just Specs" name or any other registered or unregistered trademarks displayed on the Site may not be used without the prior consent of Just Specs.
Your right to cancel
Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase at any point from the time of ordering until seven working days after delivery.
If we've already shipped your order, you'll need to package the items and send them back to us. Please see our returns policy to see how to send the spectacles back to us.
If we don't receive the item back from you, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost. We will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that order as soon as possible, and in any case within 30 days after we receive your notification.